Backflow into the public water system can pollute or contaminate the water in that system. While you cannot repeatedly inspect every customers premise for cross-connections and backflow protection, you should ensure that a proper backflow preventer is installed and maintained at the water service connection to each system or premises that poses a significant hazard to your public water system. The quality of your water lies, in part, with your ability to manage the workflow and processes of cross connection testing. Spreadsheets or water system knowledge that is only in one senior team member’s head increase your risk of a public health hazard.
As a Water Manager, you understand the important role Cross Connection Testing plays in your overall water program. However, you may be faced with common challenges such as how to:
- Ensure that new assemblies are being tested and that existing ones are tested annually
- Have easy access real-time data and records of cross connection testing, repair and maintenance
- Ensure that your team and contractors have all of the information they need to properly test, repair and replace assemblies
You can increase the success, safety and compliance of your cross connection testing program by using industry best practices and a proven operations management solution. In fact, the right operations management solution can save you time AND money.
The safest and most efficient cross connection testing programs start with a sound plan for frequency, communication and scheduling. A robust operations management solution, such as Utility Cloud, can simplify the management of a cross connection testing program.
In fact, managing your cross-connection program using a cloud-based work and operations management system allows you to schedule surveys, inspections, and testing as well as automatically trigger any follow-up actions. Utility Cloud gives immediate access to all historical data, making management of cross connection inspections efficient and preventing costly repairs.
- Visualize the locations of cross-connections in real time
- Optimize the time and distance traveled by mapping inspection routes
- View real-time location status of your field inspectors
- Update customizable cross-connection asset attributes on the fly
- Access assets historical data (inspections, pictures)
- Automatically produce regulatory compliance reports
- Attach QR codes to devices for access to asset data
- Enterprise-wide, real-time information
- Robust data and reporting
- Stand-alone technology or an open API for integration with current work order management and other systems
- A scalable, cloud-based solution on highly-secure AWS (Amazon Web Servers) located globally
- Multi-language capabilities (English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese and Chinese)
- Save time and money. Real-time information of every asset and crew member, on any device provides simplified scheduling, reduced mistakes and greater efficiency.
- Make a greater impact. Historical and current data allows program managers to identify problem areas and invest capital budgets wisely.
- Stay current and compliant. A scalable cloud platform and frequent software updates ensure alignment with changing regulatory, infrastructure and industry needs.
- Be confident in data security and compliance. AWS data centers are built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. And, with Utility Cloud servers on virtually every continent, data storage complies with local and regional regulations.
- Leverage One Solution. Simplify many work and asset management compliance programs into one powerful platform.