When fats, oil and grease get into your sewer system, they can cause blockage, poor water quality and spills that can impact human health, the environment and properties. Keeping fats, oil and grease out of your sewer system is so important the EPA requires compliance with regulation 40 CFR 403 and many state and local governments have additional regulations. Any food service establishment (FSE), high-density residential area or car wash with the potential to discharge fats, oils, and grease (FOG) is subject to annual inspections by your wastewater team or contractors. Additionally, your team may be required to do ad hoc inspections based on complaints.
As a Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor, you understand the important role FOG Inspections play in your overall wastewater treatment program. However, you may be faced with common challenges such as how to:
- Reduce the time it takes to manage the FOG Inspection program, including scheduling and workflows, in order to increase operating efficiency
- Efficiently and quickly communicate whether the FSE is or is not in compliance with regulations and what actions need to be taken
- Ease the burden of regulatory reporting
- Minimize remediation and maintenance costs
You can increase the speed and compliance of your FOG Inspection program by using industry best practices and a proven operations management solution. In fact, the right operations management solution can save you time AND money.
The safest and most efficient FOG Inspection programs start with a sound plan that maps out what needs to be inspected and where the facility is located. A robust operations management solution with GIS, such as Utility Cloud, can simplify the management of a FOG Inspection program.
- Know what locations require inspections and the exact location of the facility
- See all locations and inspection status in real time
- Add or update FOG interceptor status on the fly
- Use proximity verification to know exactly where work crews are located
- Instantly trigger work orders and inspection reports
- Quickly generate and send compliance reports
- Supply an easy to understand report that shows compliance status—including any actions that need to be taken
- Reduce the amount of time they spend on FOG inspections by up to 40%
- Enterprise-wide, real-time information
- Robust data and reporting
- Stand-alone technology or an open API for integration with current work order management and other systems
- A scalable, cloud-based solution on highly-secure AWS (Amazon Web Servers) located globally
- Multi-language capabilities (English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese and Chinese)
- Save time and money. Real-time information of every asset and crew member, on any device provides simplified scheduling, reduced mistakes and greater efficiency.
- Make a greater impact. Historical and current data allows program managers to identify problem areas and invest capital budgets wisely.
- Stay current and compliant. A scalable cloud platform and frequent software updates ensure alignment with changing regulatory, infrastructure and industry needs.
- Be confident in data security and compliance. AWS data centers are built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. And, with Utility Cloud servers on virtually every continent, data storage complies with local and regional regulations.
- Leverage One Solution. Simplify many work and asset management compliance programs into one powerful platform.