Improve gas pipeline maintenance
Gas leak surveys are performed regularly as a preventative maintenance measure to ensure gas lines are in good condition. Utility Cloud offers a visual leak survey walk route with pipeline data, real-time pinpoints, and breakdown survey routes into different zones. Information is gathered as the work is conducted, reducing paperwork and improving compliance reporting.
When handled properly, natural gas is not a public safety threat. Because natural gas is flammable, sparks or open flame is dangerous and could lead to an explosion. This would lead to an interruption of service for customers as well as equipment and property damage.
Investigating potential leaks found while completing a gas leak survey are crucial in keeping the public safe while ensuring compliance with DOT regulations. With Utility Cloud, when a gas leak is detected an automatic gas leak investigation and/or repair is triggered ensuring public safety. The mobile platform ensures the accuracy of data and stores history of leak survey information for future reference while eliminating paperwork and lost documents. This results in reduced time and costs for reporting and audit preparation. Visual asset mapping makes potential problem areas within the gas line distribution system easily identifiable, allowing management to make educated decisions for capital improvement projects.
- Visualize the leak survey walk route with pipeline data
- Pinpoint location of leaks found
- Status of survey is displayed in real-time
- Automatically trigger follow-up investigation or repair when leak is found
- Add custom pipeline data such as coating type, steel type, etc.
- View real-time location of field workers
- Use proximity verification to ensure work is completed at the right location
- Custom forms ensure data is accurately recorded
- Automatically schedule gas leak surveys and trigger work orders
- Reduce paperwork by gathering compliance data as the work is conducted
- Automatically generate custom reports
- Complete audit trail of all the leak survey information