Disabled or broken hydrants can result in the loss of lives and be devastating to a community. Less devastating but also important, the quality of a community’s hydrants affects their insurance premiums. With so many hydrants to inspect in your community and so much riding on these inspections, spreadsheets (or knowledge that is only in one senior team member’s head) increase your risk of a public tragedy and increased expenses.
As a Water Manager, you understand the important role Hydrant Inspections play in your overall water program. However, you may be faced with common challenges such as how to:
- Reduce the time it takes to manage field service personnel and contractors and assigning work orders
- Avoid deteriorating infrastructure and costly capital upgrades due to poor or incomplete maintenance of existing fire hydrants, valves, and pipes
- Ease the burden of completing and retrieving paper-based work orders and manually generating reports
You can increase the success, safety and compliance of your hydrant inspection program by using industry best practices and a proven operations management solution. In fact, the right operations management solution can save you time AND money.
The most efficient hydrant inspection programs start with a sound plan for frequency and scheduling. A robust operations management solution, such as Utility Cloud, can simplify the management of this program.
Utility Cloud helps streamline hydrant inspections and ensures all inspections are completed. The platform also ensures the accuracy of data and stores the history of all inspections on the hydrant. Maintaining a repair and replace schedule in Utility Cloud can ensure hydrants are repaired or replaced when necessary.
- View and identify the hydrants and their inspection status in real-time
- Update hydrant attributes such as condition, make, and model on the fly
- Access hydrant data and ensure inspections are completed with asset tags
- Ensure information accuracy with customized hydrant inspection forms
- Schedule inspections and automatically trigger work orders or emails based on results
- Understand the state of hydrants with automated compliance and ASR reports
- Enterprise-wide, real-time information
- Robust data and reporting
- Stand-alone technology or an open API for integration with current work order management and other systems
- A scalable, cloud-based solution on highly-secure AWS (Amazon Web Servers) located globally
- Multi-language capabilities (English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese and Chinese)
- Save time and money. Real-time information of every asset and crew member, on any device provides simplified scheduling, reduced mistakes and greater efficiency.
- Make a greater impact. Historical and current data allows program managers to identify problem areas and invest capital budgets wisely.
- Stay current and compliant. A scalable cloud platform and frequent software updates ensure alignment with changing regulatory, infrastructure and industry needs.
- Be confident in data security and compliance. AWS data centers are built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. And, with Utility Cloud servers on virtually every continent, data storage complies with local and regional regulations.
- Leverage One Solution. Simplify many work and asset management compliance programs into one powerful platform.