All cities and towns have roadway signs that must be tracked, inspected and maintained by the city, town or DOT. These typically include regulatory signs (stop, yield, etc.); warning signs (stop ahead, deer crossing, etc.); guide signs (seat belt, hospital, etc.); construction signs, welcome signs, and other miscellaneous signs.
Detailed inventories, including condition and inspection history of all signs, must be maintained by each city, town or DOT. Regular inspections need to be performed to monitor visual impairments and sign condition which appearance and reflectivity are rated. Safety-related concerns should be quickly addressed by city staff as to ensure signs meet regulatory standards.
Utility Cloud’s competent operations system appropriates all necessary data that easily manages and maintains all municipal signs. Users can geo-locate a sign, see the total number of signs and their location, set MUTCD type, record reflectometry and collect additional data (picture, direction faced, etc.). Inspections may be scheduled, and results are saved in the history of the asset for future reference. Based on results, the system may trigger an automatic work order or email to appropriate personnel.
- Geo-locate all roadway signs and inspection status in real-time
- Update sign attributes such as MUTCD type on the fly
- Schedule routine inspections and automatically trigger work orders
- Centrally store and share work results and inspection history
- Use asset tags to ensure inspections are done on the correct signs
- Access sign and signal work lists based on asset attributes
- Optimize time and distance traveled by mapping inspection routes