Stormwater can create sediment, trash build up, unruly vegetation and ponding. Ultimately, it can cause flooding, health hazards, unpleasant odors and broken pipes in your community. In fact, the issues with stormwater are such a health and property concern that the EPA issued MS4 in 2008 to regulate stormwater management and reporting. Additionally, various local and state agencies have stormwater rules and regulations. Your team must regularly inspect grass height, standing water and keep a close eye on the weather for impending large rain storms and new construction for any areas that need to be maintained.
As the member of a public works team or a land consultancy, you understand the important role Stormwater BMP plays in your community’s outdoor spaces. However, you may be faced with common challenges such as how to:
- Reduce the time it takes to plan inspection routes
- Quickly and efficiently pass information and work orders from one team member to another
- Know the status of your stormwater sites and where your field inspectors are in real-time
- Easily add and update site attributes
- Ease the burden of compliance reporting
You can increase the speed and compliance of your Stormwater BMP Inspection program by using a proven operations management solution. In fact, the right operations management solution can save you time AND money.
The safest and most efficient stormwater inspection and management programs start with a sound plan. You must identify and have a record of all relevant asset and location information. A robust operations management solution with GIS, such as Utility Cloud, can simplify the management of a Stormwater BMP program.
- Know what locations require inspections to efficiently pre-plan inspection routes
- See all locations and inspection status in real time
- Use proximity verification to know exactly where work crews are located
- Instantly trigger work orders and inspection reports
- Quickly generate and send compliance reports
- Add and update stormwater site attributes on the fly
- Reduce the amount of time they spend on FOG inspections by up to 40%
- Enterprise-wide, real-time information
- Robust data and reporting
- Stand-alone technology or an open API for integration with current work order management and other systems
- A scalable, cloud-based solution on highly-secure AWS (Amazon Web Servers) located globally
- Multi-language capabilities (English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese and Chinese)
- Save time and money. Real-time information of every asset and crew member, on any device provides simplified scheduling, reduced mistakes and greater efficiency.
- Make a greater impact. Historical and current data allows program managers to identify problem areas and invest capital budgets wisely.
- Stay current and compliant. A scalable cloud platform and frequent software updates ensure alignment with changing regulatory, infrastructure and industry needs.
- Be confident in data security and compliance. AWS data centers are built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. And, with Utility Cloud servers on virtually every continent, data storage complies with local and regional regulations.
- Leverage One Solution. Simplify many work and asset management compliance programs into one powerful platform.