Ensuring that your valves are working properly BEFORE a major event occurs is critical. Inaccessible or inoperable valves can lead to longer repair times and an increase in affected customers, water loss, repair costs and property damage—ultimately leaving you to deal with angry customers and staff. Managing valve exercising with spreadsheets (or knowledge that is only in one senior team member’s head) increases your risk of inaccessible or inoperable valves when you need them most.
As a Water Manager, you understand the important role valve exercising plays in your overall water program. However, you may be faced with common challenges such as how to:
- Prioritize which valves are most important and most likely needed
- Ensure valves are being maintained at the proper frequency
- Reduce the time it takes to manage field service personnel and contractors and assign work orders
- Ease the burden of completing and retrieving paper-based work orders and manually generating reports
You can increase the success, safety and compliance of your valve exercising program by using industry best practices and a proven operations management solution. In fact, the right operations management solution can save you time AND money.
The most efficient water valve exercising programs start with a sound plan for frequency and scheduling. Ask yourself:
- Can the entire team easily find our valves?
- Can the entire team access critical information about each valve such as size, type and history?
- Is past and current data easily accessible?
A robust operations management solution, such as Utility Cloud, can simplify the management of this program. Utility Cloud provides an easy-to-use solution for managing valve exercising programs. Workers can view asset data and valve information directly from any computing device including their mobile device. Managers can track completed work in real time and send reports and work orders in a matter of minutes.
- Visualize the locations of your valves on a digital map
- View inspection status in real time
- Optimize scheduling of inspections
- Digitize and access valve data (Inspections, As-Built Drawings, and Tie Cards)
- Automatically trigger work orders based on valve inspection results
- Confirm work is complete at the correct location with proximity verification
- Customize inspection forms and reports for the valve exercising program
- Enterprise-wide, real-time information
- Robust data and reporting
- Stand-alone technology or an open API for integration with current work order management and other systems
- A scalable, cloud-based solution on highly-secure AWS (Amazon Web Servers) located globally
- Multi-language capabilities (English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese and Chinese)
- Save time and money. Real-time information of every asset and crew member, on any device provides simplified scheduling, reduced mistakes and greater efficiency.
- Make a greater impact. Historical and current data allows program managers to identify problem areas and invest capital budgets wisely.
- Stay current and compliant. A scalable cloud platform and frequent software updates ensure alignment with changing regulatory, infrastructure and industry needs.
- Be confident in data security and compliance. AWS data centers are built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. And, with Utility Cloud servers on virtually every continent, data storage complies with local and regional regulations.
- Leverage One Solution. Simplify many work and asset management compliance programs into one powerful platform.