Your water storage tank is a valuable asset that needs to be inspected regularly for structural and sanitary integrity to help ensure the quality of the water in your community and the life of the tank. The quality of your water lies, in part, with your ability to manage the workflow and processes of water tank inspections. Spreadsheets or water system knowledge that is only in one senior team member’s head increase your risk of tainted water, decrease safety and can lead to a tank that has to be replaced sooner than expected.
As a Water Manager, you understand the important role Water Tank Inspections play in your overall water program. However, you may be faced with common challenges such as how to:
- Ensure that tanks are getting inspected at the right time and that the work is being done correctly
- Avoid deteriorating infrastructure and costly capital upgrades due to poor or incomplete maintenance of existing water tanks
- Ease the burden of communication with the appropriate agencies, such as the EPA
You can increase the success, safety and compliance of your water tank inspection program by using industry best practices and a proven operations management solution. In fact, the right operations management solution can save you time AND money.
The safest and most efficient water tank inspection programs start with a sound plan for frequency and scheduling. A robust operations management solution, such as Utility Cloud, can simplify the management of a water tank inspection program.
Utility Cloud provides an easy-to-use system for inspecting and maintaining water tanks. By replacing paper-based systems with a cloud-based software solution, water departments can spend less time doing data entry and recordkeeping tasks. All storage tanks can be identified and tracked using Google maps. Inspectors can complete inspections in the field and automatically generate reports and work orders.
- Visualize storage tanks locations on a digital map
- Know tank inspection status in real time
- Efficiently map inspection routes
- Add and update tank attributes on the fly
- Verify the location of inspectors with proximity verification
- Attach water tank inspection photos and videos
- Generate custom storage tank inspection reports
- Enterprise-wide, real-time information
- Robust data and reporting
- Stand-alone technology or an open API for integration with current work order management and other systems
- A scalable, cloud-based solution on highly-secure AWS (Amazon Web Servers) located globally
- Multi-language capabilities (English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese and Chinese)
- Save time and money. Real-time information of every asset and crew member, on any device provides simplified scheduling, reduced mistakes and greater efficiency.
- Make a greater impact. Historical and current data allows program managers to identify problem areas and invest capital budgets wisely.
- Stay current and compliant. A scalable cloud platform and frequent software updates ensure alignment with changing regulatory, infrastructure and industry needs.
- Be confident in data security and compliance. AWS data centers are built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. And, with Utility Cloud servers on virtually every continent, data storage complies with local and regional regulations.
- Leverage One Solution. Simplify many work and asset management compliance programs into one powerful platform.